Fun Friday – Vegas To-Do List
First, let me apologize for my week-long absence. We went to Las Vegas for a friend’s wedding this last weekend and didn’t get back until late Monday night. It was our 3rd time to go to Vegas, so I feel like I have a pretty good handle on the fun things to do there. However, this particular trip was interesting in that it seemed like a few random things snuck on our to-do list that we hadn’t planned. So, without further ado, let me give you a To-Do List for a trip to Vegas. This first section is genuine; the second section…we’ll you’ll figure it out.
Las Vegas Trip To-Do List
1. See the Bellagio floral display inside the hotel during the day and their Fountain show at night! Also, check out the chocolate fountain inside.
2. See the LED lightshow downtown on the gigantic overhead screen over Freemont street.
3. If you want to hit a blackjack table for less than $5, go downtown.
4. For fancy hotels with awesome decor, check out the new Aria hotel, Cosmopolitan, Wynn, Encore, Bellagio, MGM Grand, and Mandalay Bay
5. For beautiful, ornate, or unique decor inside hotels (including cloudy sky ceilings), check out the Venetian, Caesar’s Palace, Paris, Luxor
6. If you want to go to a show and you can splurge, see a Cirque du Soleil show! We saw Mystere the last time. So amazing and worth the cost!
7. Go to at least 1 nice buffet or dinner. The Bellagio buffet was amazing, but I also hear the buffet at the Wynn, Cosmopolitan, and the M Hotel are awesome too. We’ve also been to Sensi in The Bellagio – best food in my life!! We shared the ribeye, 2 sides (the cheese tator tots were sooo good!), and kobe beef carpaccio!
8. If you’re going to play blackjack, get a cheat sheet card sold at most hotel gift shops/convenient stores. It’s not a guarantee but it makes it easier if you don’t know what you’re doing. 🙂
9. See the Mirage volcano show.
10. Go to the top of the Stratosphere and get on a ride. I only did the X-Scream, which is the tiny roller-coaster car that goes off the edge of the building. If you’re not scared, though, like I wasn’t, sit in the front. I sat 3 rows back and it wasn’t as fun as I would have liked. Others were freaking out though. 🙂
11. Check out some cool places off the strip like Gold and Silver Pawn (Pawn Stars show) and Rick’s Restorations (also a show) – free tours!
12. Go to the Coke-a-Cola store with some friends and get the Around the World sampler trays with 16 different flavors of Coke products from around the world. Get some extra cups, give everyone a sip of each one, and down each one together at the same time. Do it at the same time like shots, because I’ll tell you one of them is nasty! It tastes like puke. But I’m not going to tell you which one! Lol! The suspense is fun, and the looks on people’s faces is hilarious. Some are pretty good and interesting too. 🙂
A few Don’ts
13. Don’t use Buddy Passes (free standby tickets) to get to Vegas and expect to get there on time…or at all if you’re flying out on Friday or coming back on Sunday.
14. Don’t take cards from random people on the street or look down at the cards littered on the ground.
15. Don’t wait 9 hours from lunch to dinner after sitting on airplanes all day and then eat a bunch of fried food if you have a bad digestive system.
16. Don’t waist your time seeing the Pirate Show at Treasure Island. It’s pretty corny in my opinion. But maybe that’s just me.
17. Unless your feet are made of steel and you’re used to high heels every day, don’t wear high heels to go out walking in Vegas. I didn’t do this, but I can only imagine. Get you some cute flats or even dressy sandals or flip flops to go with your dress if you must.
18. Don’t expect anything to be cheap. It’s not.
19. Don’t spend all your money gambling. The best parts of Vegas are the food and just walking around inside the hotels, seeing all the beautiful and expensive stuff – for free!
20. Don’t run yourself ragged. Get some downtime here and there at your hotel or even chilling in a casino for a while. Yes, you want to see everything, but you want to be able to enjoy it too. 🙂